Monday, October 20, 2008

The perfect pumpkin...

is hard to find, but I did it! Let me start at the beginning. Friday night I went to Jessica's house for dinner and ended up staying the night there. On Saturday I had to get up and go to work with Jess and after work she asked me to go to Wal Mart with her to find pumpkins because Eric wanted to carve pumpkins Saturday night. We went to Wal Mart and in the huge cardboard bin full of pumpkins I saw the perfect one. It was big and perfectly round and it didn't have a broken stem...but it was at the bottom of the bin. I set about trying to retrieve this perfect pumpkin and it was no easy feat. I ended up ripping my shirt in the process, but after many minutes of rearranging and making Jessica hold pumpkins I finally got it out. Victory! We found another pumpkin (that was nowhere near as good as the one I found) and we went on about our business. I decided I wanted to carve pumpkins with them so I went back to Jessica's house. I went with Jess to take Jaidyn for a flu shot (Jess got one, but Jaidyn didn't) and then we got some dinner. After dinner we decided it was time to carve the pumpkins. We were all excited about Jaidyn getting to carve pumpkins for the first time, but she wasn't really interested. It took us a couple of hours to get both done and we were really happy with them. I ended up staying the night at Jessica's again on Saturday night and Sunday morning we woke up early to go to my apartment and move some of my stuff. Jess is a good sister because she volunteered to come help me with some stuff. We got rid of my couch, my rocking chair, my computer desk, and a million bags of stuff I was throwing away. We dumped my couch next to the dumpsters in hopes that someone would take it and sure enough when I drove by a few hours later someone had taken it. lol I am really close to being ready to move out. Next weekend I will move all of my stuff into Jordan's garage and stay with Sam until the house is done (which will hopefully be soon). I am so sore from moving all that stuff...my whole body hurts. I can only imagine how Jess feels. She smashed her hand and I felt so bad. I told her I owe her big time. I can't wait to be done with this apartment. I hate living in apartments and hopefully everything will work out well at Jordan's house. I don't want to have to move again soon.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Your pumpkins were cute. Yeah, Jess is nice, I don't know if I would have wanted to come help lol. For real.

Jessica said...

Yeah I know, I am the nicest sister. My hand doesn't even hurt anymore. It only hurt for a while after it happened. You do owe me big time, but you are babysitting Colin for two days when we go to disneyland, so we will call it even.

Robin said...

I wish I would have been at Walmart to witness that!!! Jess holding loads of pumpkins and your head down in the cardboard box....Totally worth it though for the perfect pumpkin....

Kami said...

Haha I can totally picture you spending an hour digging in the pumpkin bin! Poor Jess! And I agree... Moving sucks!!! But why are you throwing things away?!