Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well Christmas came and went without much excitement. We had a good time and then it was just over. I went to my mom's house and everyone was there except for my dad. The kids all got so much stuff they were excited about. The way we do it is that anyone staying at my mom's house (which was just my mom, grandma, Samantha, and me) wakes up and opens our presents and then when anyone who isn't staying at my mom's house are done opening their presents they come to my mom's and open more presents lol. Well the 4 of us at mom's house got up early and opened our presents (I got a lot of good stuff including some earrings and a kindle) and shortly after we finished Jessica's family and Andrea's family came up and the kids opened their presents. I ended up going home Christmas day because I wanted to use my Kindle and I couldn't use it in Alamo (it requires access to the Sprint network). I have been reading like crazy and it's awesome because I don't have to worry about books piling up all around me. Jessica has a Wii and her husband got her Guitar Hero for Christmas. I went to her house and played and it was so fun that I had to go out and buy myself a Wii and Guitar Hero. I know I am a dork, but it is so fun. I'm not very good at it, but I think my guitar sucks because I was pretty good at Jessica's house, plus it makes noises like I've done something wrong when I haven't done anything...weird. I didn't do anything for New Year's. I stayed home and went to bed a little after midnight. I don't make resolutions but I have "ideas" lol that way I don't have to feel bad when I fail. My "ideas" are to get back to the gym, to eat more veggies, and to try to swear less. It's hard doing that last one...especially where I work. :) I have recently gotten into the True Blood series. I started reading the books first, and then I downloaded the first season of it from iTunes. I'm warning anyone who might read/watch it that it's very graphic. There is a lot of sex in it (especially the tv show). I really like the books though...they aren't as bad as the tv show and they are really interesting. Jordan's girlfriend Tasha is coming into town this weekend and Jordan is having a bbq. I have no idea who will be there, but I'm sure it will be a good time. He spent all day Sunday building a beer pong table (which is of no interest to me, but I did think it was kind of funny), and he set up the new grill he got for his b-day. Last Saturday we had a b-day party for my littlest nephew. He turned 2 and he is so cute! He got lots of presents and I think he had a good time. My sister Andrea got 2 new puppies (Lars and Lucy) and they are the cutest puppies I've ever seen. Lars took a liking to me (and I to him) and I desperately wanted to take him home with me. Sadly Andrea said no. Well I guess that's about all I've got going on right now.

No comments: