Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update

Wow... I didn't realize how long it's been since I updated my blog. :) Well so much has happened I'll give you a quick recap of the last couple of months. January was a pretty normal month. I applied to UNLV and started class at CSN for the semester. In February my roommate's father passed away suddenly and that was pretty tough. He and his family handled it well though and they seem to be doing pretty good now. I went to Alamo for Valentine's Day and then I babysat Jessica's kids while she and Eric worked the NASCAR race (yuck!). The kids are always good for me so it was fun. I don't know that anything exciting happened in March. I went to a lot of Tyson's basketball games which was fun. After sending in my transcripts 3 times I finally got UNLV to accept me in April...yay! I spent most of the month of April in Alamo. First I went up for a b-day party for Tyson, Ryan, and Jaidyn which was a good time. Jeremy donned his cute apron and grilled up some burgers and hot dogs. Then I went back to babysit Jessica's kids while she and Eric worked the NHRA. The kids were good again so it was pretty easy. The weather was nice and we spent a lot of time outside. That weekend my mom was having some trouble with her eye so I brought her down to the eye dr. It turns out some of the gel in her eye has come loose and is floating around and that puts her at a higher risk of retinal detachment. She has to take it easy for a while and hope that it heals itself. That weekend I caught the stomach flu from Jessica and I was sick all of last week and into this week :( Luckily I am finally feeling better. Last weekend was the Eric M. Lee Memorial 5k so I was in Alamo again. I volunteer to help every year and it's always a good time. It's fun to see everyone and hang out. After the 5k this year the elementary school was having a community yard sale to raise money for a playground cover. Of course I got roped into helping Andrea and Jessica sell their stuff. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but from spending so much time outside I got a horrible sunburn (complete with raccoon eyes) that people at work have been commenting on all week. Luckily it is kind of going away, but it's really really bad. This weekend I get to stay home. I have to do homework and study because I have finals a week from Monday. I had hoped I could get some time in the sun this weekend, but the weather is not really cooperating. Just in case I forget to blog again here's a rundown of what I've got planned. I'm going to be moving out of Jordan's house sometime between now and September. His girlfriend is moving down in Sept and I want to move out and give them some privacy and space to get used to each other. I think I'm going to move in with Samantha and her husband. They said they don't mind if I live with them for a while and work on finishing school. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to keep working full time or if I'm going to get student loans, work part time and finish school faster. I don't really want to pile up a bunch of loans, but at the rate I'm going it's going to take me 6 more years to finish school. I am going to dinner at Bob Taylor's tonight which I'm really excited about. I haven't been there in years, but they have the best food. Samantha, my dad, and I are going for my dad's b-day. Well I guess that's about it.

No comments: