Friday, November 28, 2008

wow...

a lot of stuff has happened since I posted last. Everything was pretty boring until last Thursday (not thanksgiving..the Thursday before). I got a call at work from my dad and he told me that he was in the hospital because he'd had emergency surgery for a perforated colon. I left work as soon as I could and went to the hospital to hang out with him and see if I could get some more info. Well I only found out bits and pieces because he was on so much pain medication he couldn't really tell me what was going on. It turns out that when he'd had a colonoscopy the Tuesday before they had found a mass on his colon and they wanted to admit him right then to remove it, but he said he couldn't do it that day because he needed at least a day to get his affairs in order. So Wednesday he started to feel sick and finally that night it got bad enough that he went to the hospital and that's when they told him they'd perforated his colon when they did the colonoscopy and that they were going to do surgery right then to fix the perforation and remove the mass. We found out a few days later that it was cancer, but that it is stage one and they think they got all of it, but also that he is going to have to do chemo to make sure it's all out of his blood. They put in a mediport for that while he was in the hospital, but we don't know when the chemo will start yet. They finally released him Wednesday afternoon...right in time for Thanksgiving. He is doing better and hopefully will make a speedy recovery. He is staying at Sam's house too because he can't move around very well so we have a full house. I went and saw Twilight and it was so good. I can't wait for them to finish the second one because I freaking LOVE those books. lol Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful...had some turkey and watched tv...the usual. Yesterday I asked Sam to wake up early and go shopping with me today and she agreed so we found out if anyone else wanted anything (and of course they did) so we got a list and woke up at 4:15 this morning to go shopping. We went to Wal Mart first and it was a nightmare! There were so many people and by the time we got there everything we had needed was already sold out. :( After Wal Mart we went to Target and we got there just before they opened so we got in the biggest line ever and made our way in to Target. It was so much better in there. There were no rude people and we were able to get pretty much everything we needed. After we went shopping we decided to stop and get some breakfast at this bar/restaurant near Sam's house. Well when we got there the restaurant wasn't open yet, but the bartender told us we could eat at the bar so we decided that was a good idea. When we walked in there was like one other person (a really drunk guy who decided to make friends with us). Well he stayed and talked to us the entire time, but I wasn't really paying attention to him (except to think about how I wish he would quit leaning into me because he was sitting right next to me). Well Sam told me later that he had been trying to invite me to go to a club with him tonight. lol I was oblivious! After breakfast we just came home and hung out. My dad's sister Chris and her husband Jim came over to visit my dad so we talked for a while. Now I am seriously thinking that I might need to go take a nap. lol

1 comment:

Andrea said...

People who shop early on Black Friday are ridiculous! I don't think you could pay me enough to go out in that craziness!