Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ugh

so my orientation at UNLV went well. I got to see the campus (which is bigger than I thought it would be) and it was pretty fun. I went to the event at the Boy's and Girl's Club and it was a good time. I was paired with a 5 year old girl who was so cute, but broke my heart by telling me she wished she could win a bed because she doesn't have one. I was super happy because one of my girls from last year spotted me and came over to give me a hug. That made my entire day because I know I made an impression on her. Last week was pretty normal. I just hung out and did nothing. On Friday night I went bowling with Jordan, his sister, and a few other people. I'm not a very good bowler, but it was fun. I was the designated driver so I drove Jordan and his sister back to our house around 1:00am and then all the people who were bowling with us came over to hang out. I went to bed around 3:30am and they were all still there. I had to get up at 7:00 Saturday morning to get ready to go to the movies. Jessica and I took Tyson, Ryan, and 2 of Tyson's friends to see Iron Man 2. It was good and the boys had a good time. Poor Ryan was rubbing his eye a lot and I thought it was just because he was tired...turns out he has pink eye! So far this week has been pretty normal. Today I gave my 2 weeks notice to my boss. He wasn't very happy with me and was actually pretty rude. I'm quitting to finish school. I've been working towards a psychology degree for 6 years now and I really just want to finish it so I can start a career. When I told him why I was quitting he looked at me like I was stupid and after 7 years putting up with his crap I didn't even get a "good luck" or a "we're going to miss you". I did however get a question about why I'm going "back" to school. I've been going to school almost the entire time I've worked for him. I can tell you what medications he takes, but he has no idea I've been in school. I almost felt bad about leaving, but not anymore. I also had to tell Jordan that I'm moving out before the next rent is due. I do feel bad about that. I don't know why...I told him I'd be moving out this summer, but I still feel bad. Also as much as I hate to admit it I'm going to miss him. Now that we won't live together and we won't work together I know we aren't going to talk to each other. He's not good at keeping touch and neither am I. I'm registered for 3 classes so far. I'm waiting for them to process my transcripts from the spring semester so I can register for more. So far I'm taking Biology w/a lab, American Literature, and Social Psychology. Once my transcripts are processed I'll also be taking an algebra class. I'm going to start my first semester with just 4 classes. I haven't just been a student since I was 16 years old and I'm afraid I won't know how. I also figure it's good to space out my classes this semester so I have time between them to figure out where I'm going. Despite a campus tour I have no idea where anything is except the student union. I know I'm going to get lost...probably several times. I'm really excited for the weekend. I'm going to Alamo for part of it and I can't wait. I will spend time with my family relaxing and that will be nice. I'm also excited to go see Sex and the City 2. It looks so good and I loved the first one. At some point I also have to work on getting my things organized and packed. I'm going to have to store a bunch of my things, but luckily Jessica said I can store it in her storage room so I'm good there. I won't have to rent a storage unit so that's nice. I'm a little nervous about the future, but I'm really excited. I've never just done something this huge because I've been too scared. I'm not scared anymore though. :)

No comments: