Monday, December 8, 2008

well...

the TMA Holiday Party is over and I made it out alive! lol I've been working on this party since Jan and it turned out well. On Friday night Sam and I went to Target to get more gifts for the party and then we had to go home and do a bunch of stuff to get the gifts ready for the party so we didn't get to bed until almost 11...which is pretty late for us. On Saturday we woke up early and we went to Target again...we had to get some more stuff. Then we went to get our nails done before the party. After that we got some lunch and packed our stuff to go to the hotel. We had to stop off at TMA before we went to the hotel to get some things that we needed for the party and then we headed for the hotel. When we got there Sam was able to check in right away, but I had to wait an hour for a room so I had to go to Sam's room to hang out and help her with some stuff. By the time I got a room it was almost 5 and the party started at 6 so I had to haul a and get ready (and I still had to shower!). I was ready in less than 45 minutes including my shower. Then we had to carry a bunch of stuff down to the banquet room (which was tricky in my big old shoes). lol Once there we had to work out a few snags and then we were able to party. I had planned to drink a lot, but I guess since it had been almost a year since I drank last I was unable to drink much (which is a good thing). We had dinner and then we passed out the bonuses and gifts (I got a new ipod) and then we moved on to drinking and dancing (well only the little kids danced lol). After the party ended at 10 we decided we weren't ready to end the night so we found out about a party in someones room (an employee of TMA) so I went back to my room to change my shoes (flip flops are my best friend!) and a bunch of people ended up in my room. One of them was smoking in there, but I was too scared to tell her not to because she seems mean. lol The guy in the room next to mine was really pissed at us and came out into the hall in his striped pj's to glare at us. lol After that we headed to the party and we just hung out and did random stupid things. Finally around 1 a.m. or so I decided Sam needed to go to bed because she was very inebriated so I made her go to bed and I did the same. I woke up at about 7 and I felt fine, but when Sam called me at like 8:30 0r so she said she was dying lol. I decided to spend $30 to have breakfast brought up to my room (can you believe that...$30 for some eggs and bacon!) and then I bought a movie off of pay per view to pass the time until checkout. I ordered the movie The Women which looked cute in the previews, but was somewhat disappointing. :( Finally I got up and took a shower and then went to Sam's room to get them (I had to take them home because they didn't have a car at the hotel). Sam was laying face down on the bed and looking very sad. lol She got up and got dressed and we headed for home. After we got home I did a whole lot of nothing. I have my art final tonight and I'm a little worried about it. I guess there is nothing I can do about it now, but I hate tests so bad. I will be so happy to be done with school for a little while. I am getting so excited for Christmas...I only have 1 present left to buy. I am also excited for my trip to Disneyland with Jess and Jaidyn next week. I know we will have such a good time as long as Jaidyn doesn't "fight" with me lol. My dad is doing much better. He got his stitches out last week and since then he's been feeling pretty good. He isn't in too much pain so that's good. He has an appointment with the cancer doctor so I'm hoping they'll schedule his chemo so we can get that over with...I know it's going to be hard and I'm not looking forward to it. It's such a weird thing to see someone who has always been strong laying in a bed all helpless. Well I guess I have said all there is to say.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like the party was a really doozy. Trisha and I still laugh about the one that we went to on the boat lol.